Saturday, December 31, 2005

SO what's the big fuss about new years. Last year I thru a party, had a few close friends and family, did the drinking thing, watch movies and flipped to city at about 11:45.

This year gonna be a tad more extravagant. Gonna make a Turkey for my best girl and her man. Chris got a free Turkey from work as a xmas gift. SO since Ham was on the menu for xmas, figure turkey for new years. Were gonna play some Trivial persuit 90's edition, drink a little Champange (sorry sparkling white wine)

My question is why people make such a big deal. ONe year I slept thru new years, got awoken by neighbours celebrating. I'd rather spend some quiet time with The hubby and child, than planning big extravagant outings and spending $200 to celebrate. when I could spent $40 tops for just as good of a time at home, and knowing If I want to sleep early I can.

Whats with the fuss of the kissing and party hats. I just dont get it. Our first new years after getting married we were watching a movie, Turned to sity to see he final count down, did our kiss, got the traditional phone calls from everyone, and returned back to watching the movie.

I just think its a glorified night to get shit faced. theres only 1 day for that and thats St patty's day, but dot get me started on that, really only the irish should be getting shitfaced on that day, ITS OUR BLOODY HOLIDAY :-)

So to all out there, have yourself a safe New Years party. And all the blessings in the world for 2006

No comments: