Friday, February 10, 2006

GOD DAMB MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

So let me tell you the SHIT i've had to deal with since Wednesday. On wednesday I recieved a a notice from collections. In the form of monies owing to True Body Fitness.
I called collections to see whats going on, mentioned to my knowledge this accout was done and closed 15 months ago.

Heres a little History.......

Back in November 2003, after my car accedent my doctor said was ok to get back in the gym, and my insurance company was willing to pay for 1 year. SO I signed up with Planet workout, that eventually changed names under new managment to True Body Fitness. THe place was ok for the $25 a month payments. THen they cut space first the y lost the cardio room and turn the old arobic room to cardio. THe "woman's area" was a 9x13 foot room with at one time around 10 machines, then one day 3 machines were no longer in the womans area.
They had a sauna, which they used the wrong type of wood for the bench so it smelt like mould all the time and their was a slimy film on the bench. ANd well the "hot tub" was never hot the highest I ever saw it at was 85.

SO in september 2004 just a few months before the manditory 1 year minimum membership was over, I signed up to International Family Fitness. More expensive, But I had been a member before and the insurance company was not willing to pay $40 a month.

SO on October 22nd, I brought in a letter stating How I wish to cancel my memb4rship on the 1 year aniversary, as I was dissatisfied with the facilities, and their were rumors that the actual place was going bankrupt. (to which a few months later they closed doors)

SO to me all was done and over with, until wednesday. Well aparently 15 months later they send my file to collections on monday, I recieve it wednesday and for it not to affect my credit rating I needed to pay $434.26 by today.

SO I called collections on Wednesday trying to explain this, she mentioned that I should try to contact the head office. Since the DUMB FUCK SECRETARY, ATE MY CANCELATION LETTER. Leave message wed at 11:30. Leave the house for 4 hours, thinking I missed her call, well nope so I call back at 4:15, hoping to get this woman before the end of her day. Mention that I'm in and out of the house on Thursday, but gave her my cell number.

But noon on thursday, nothing so I called back, spoke with reception if there was an "actual person" in the building I could spoeack with as I need this cleared by Friday.
She sends my call to same woman at extention 239. ok fine, I'm sure she'll get back to me. By 3pm nothing, call back let secretary understand the Urgancy of this call, and woman at 239 was out but the minute she walked in she would pass my name and number personally to her.

NO call. When I get home theres a message from some lady that was left at 3:05pm. To call her back. Now here I thought it was woman at extention 239. So left a message at 7pm, stating sorry for missing your call, but I was expecting you to call my cell, I'll call you back in the morning.

SO I call her back just befor I go to my dentist appointment. ITS NOT woman at extension 239, its the collections lady. She mentioned that the company wanted nothing to do with me, and they wanted her to go ahed and process the account. I'M FUMING. Trying to talk with this woman what my options were. Could I take them to small claims court? No because the copy of my letter could not be proof as I could have drafted it yesterday. The other membership, means nothing as some people have 2 memberships at differnt gyms to meet their workout needs.

THen I asked then how, when I was a memeber there were 2 months when my credit card was maxed and the monthly payment did not go thru, so I would get a letter in the mail and g and pay it off. WHY THE FUCK IN THE LAST 15 MONTHS DID I NOT RECIEVE ANOTHER FUCKING LETTER????? She could not answer that, and I will never get a responce to that as THEY WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH ME! FUCKERS!

SO now my bonus I'm expecting from work next week that was going to cover my licence renewal and plate stickers. and taking my dog to the vet for shots and her eye looked at, as its been red and itching her for 2 months now and shes got some discharge now.

But no, my dog has to wait till bum fuck WHO KNOWS, to get to the vet. As I now have to pay this. She mentioned she hated getting gym membership clients like this, because usally its the gyms fuckup and hates doing this, apparentlyPrimier Fitness is the worst at this.


SO after I called back woman at extention 239, left her a nasty message. along the lines of its completly UNPROFESSIONAL NOT TO CALL SOMEONE BACK after I've been trying to contact you for 2 days. and to go and make a call back to the collection agency that YOU WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. I would also like to let you know I'll be reporting all of this to the better Business Beaureau and have a MERRY FUCKING DAY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am being screwed over by D & A Collection Agency in Mississauga for the very same reason. I, on the other hand have a " cancellation " contract from TRUE BODY FITNESS, signed by a manager. I served 1 year as at December 2004, the last payment was made December 2004. They took nothing from my credit card until, until November 2005, December and January 2006. The collection agency contacted me and I faxed them a copy of the cancellation agreement. They too gave me, "supposedley TRUE BODY FITNESS " phone number, as they are not listed even with Bell Canada,905-502-5599.... extension 239, " Ashley ". I went by the building TRUE BODY FITNESS was supposedley in at 320 Brunel Road, Mississauga, Ontario. It's a company called " Unlimited Ideas & Promotions ", a place where they'll put your name on cups and pens etc. for promotional stuff. Nothing to do with True Body Fitness.
So now, they want $874.91. It's not even an even amount, as my son and I were members 2 for 1 @$52.43 total.
I have the cancellation contract that says..." Member has met with 1 year obligation ". Moving out of area.
So now, they didn't try my credit card for 10 months, then they did but I had credit card sent payments back cause I had proof of cancellation and I thought all was resolved April 19/06, never heard a word, did my cancer treatment and am now recovering, I can't work, have no income, will probably lose my home and Lord knows what's going to happen, and these jerkoffs at D & A Collection Agency are hounding and threatening me........So what have I done ? I contacted the CREDIT BUREAU OF CANADA, they directed me to MINISTRY OF CONSUMER 7 CORPORATE AFFAIRS, Toronto, I explained the matter to them and how ill I am, they said send "registered letter" to collection agency to have matter resolved. If they don't respond within 5-10 business days, copy everything to them( I have a file number), and they will deal with matter with the Collection Agency.

So, today I get a call from Collection Agency & I figured they haven't received the registered letter yet so " I tried to be nice and explain ", but the dickhead was just plain rude and ignorant so I hung up and I'll wait 'til they receive their letters I sent. One to the president, Mr. Phillip Morrison and the other to a "nasty" Mr. Jeffereys. Then we'll see.
In my letter, I put , " If they have cancellation contract, they HAVE NOT TRIED to take payments for 10 months, THEN THEY START again, excuse me, they should have called at the very least. However, health clubs do NOT DO THAT. They are gangster run institutions to launder money....Premier is the WORST. The owner, Cardillo, was charged with murder many years ago. They used to " doubledip " peoples accounts, via credit card or automatic cheque withdrawal.
Anyways, I was sorry to hear your situation but happy to print off something for substantiative proof that this is not the 1st case. Hope everything is okay with you now. But you' re right, Planet Workout stopped taking payments November 2004, then TRUE BODY FITNESS took over and they finally closed their doors, somwhere mid 2005.....Building is empty.....Planet workout has reopened on Laird Drive behind the Costco building.
My next step if all else fails will be to "counter sue" the collection agency for "pain and suffering and defamation of character", approximately $1,000,000.00.
This is just a hassle and streee that I don't need right now.
MJK